Native apps are designed specifically for iOS and Android devices. One won't work on the other and they can't be displayed on computers. Being native i.e. designed for specific devices, they can better utilise the device's features e.g. camera, gps, bluetooth etc and provide a fast and smooth experience as a result.
All of our native apps contain the same core features. In summary these are:
- Online interactive mapping (using Google Maps)
- Real-time tracking and closest place to user (with notification alerts)
- Place and Trail list pages - filter alphabetically or by distance
- Rich content pages for places of interest with multimedia players and image galleries
- Detailed trail information e.g. route shown on map, waypoint descriptions
- Additional pages for general information e.g. About Us page
- Sliding menu navigation
- Content filtering
- SUPERimpose - layer and fade old photos through the camera
Watch our quick-fire 75 second video below to see these core features illustrated in one of our apps.
Content is added and updated via our easy-to-use Content Management System.
If you have downloaded more than one of our native apps you will recognise the architecture is very similar. This templated approach allows us to keep costs low, whilst being flexible enough to apply branding to make each app unique. We offer a design service or you can supply your branding guidelines and we'll do the rest.
Plug in more functionality
We offer a range of plugins to widen the functionality available in your app, which in turn makes it even more unique. They can be included from the outset or added in as part of an update.
Find out more
For further information about our app software and how it can be tailored to your project click the button below.